Saturday, March 19, 2011

When loss is gain and gain is loss…

Once upon a time due to certain turn of events I had ended up in a certain city which shall remain unnamed in this post. More than the city itself due to certain other inexplicable factors I had sunk into depression and had enveloped myself in a wave of negativity that spread out like menacing tentacles trying to entangle whoever had tried to come in close proximity to me…

Repercussions? Too many…way too many…

For today I shall take up just one.

I had started overeating.

I am very specific about food. ( used to be would be more apt…now you can take out the “very”) My food spectrum includes a chosen few dishes and if I don’t get them I would rather starve to death. Well...easy to say…not really a viable proposition.

So when I did not find the food of a certain place palatable I started filling up on cheese rolls, chocolate, chips and cookies…for a month. After a point of time your body starts craving well-cooked meals…and if you are on the verge of losing sanity such pangs do not help much.

It’s a vicious cycle…you eat…you still don’t feel satiated…you eat more trashy food…you feel sadder…it goes on.

Result? I gained 8 Kg.

Ah…stop imagining me as a blob of flab. I used to be severely underweight and had a 10 Kg buffer. So after this significant weight gain when I returned home…every body seemed extremely happy about it…except me.

I was extremely sad to lose the size zero me…and I no longer had 10Kg buffer which meant I could not binge as and when I wanted to. Every well meant comment of “It’s good that you have gained some weight” meant 2 hours of sitting by the window wondering how could I have let it happen. It took me some time (several months actually) to accept the new weight…I still have a old weight ticket tucked away somewhere in the memory of those size zero days.


Why am I talking about something that happened a year ago?

Because I have been pushed out of my comfort zone again…far from there...

Anyway…this time with no weight buffer to cushion the "depression weight" I have made a new decision…to not be depressed.

Easy decision…easier to stick to…easiest on my health (mental and otherwise).


PS: Are you by any chance wondering what my present weight is? It’s 48Kg.

3 comments:

  1. 48 kg is still underweight..54 in my opinion is ur right weight....You are always gonna be pushed out of your comfort zone...the goal is to create a new one and call it home...and create that home many more number of times no matter where you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha....48 Kg...eta niye laptop bag niye ba bag chhara ojon...plz clarify kor Bonks....Tui je koto overweight hoyechhili seta ami bhaloi jani...tai niye kotto dukhho fende boshechhe blog e ...tao jodi genuinely overweight hotis....ami city ta jani bole bhabchhi abar okhane i pathhabo to see you in normal health....ebar to rege laal....khyak...khyak...khyak

    ReplyDelete
  3. flamboyance-ta osadharon .. weight-episode-r naa .. tomar lekhar !

    ReplyDelete