Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sweet-Sour dreams…

We are going to talk to about dreams today. I have talked about dreams here earlier…but today the context is different from the earlier post.


Today we shall screen the dreams and eliminate the bad ones out of our lives.


[I am not talking about nightmares.

Nightmares are always nice. The sudden rush of adrenaline followed by the warmth of relief beats the sweetest of the dreams 10-0 any day.

And that is why whenever I wish "Sweet dreams" to anyone...I add "Sweeter reality"]



Type-1: Premature dreams:-


Let us face it…only eggs taste well when half baked.

Examples:

“I want to be a chocolate peddler when I grow up.”

“I want Shahid Afridi/Anna Kournikova.”

“I want to live in the toxic rings of Saturn.”


The common essence of these dreams is that we have these dreams in an age when it is impossible to understand the implication of these dreams…

These stay with us permanently…a dream in the tender age…something to laugh over when past that age.

Type-1 dreams should not come true…because we all know that we would be miserable if they came true.



Type-2: Over hallowed dreams:-


The other word for it --- obsessions.

Examples: You are intelligent enough to figure out the examples. (Winks!)


The common flavour of these dreams is that they reduce the enjoyment of all the other facets of life.


There is a fine line between dreams and obsessions (over-hallowed dreams).


Dreams

Q: Why do you want it?

A: I don’t know why I want it…but it would certainly make me very happy.



Obsession

Q: Why do you want it?

A: I don’t know whether it would make me happy…but I certainly want it.



Type-2 dreams should not come true…because we do not know but we would definitely be miserable if they came true.



PS: Dreams can be unrealistic…nothing against them…dream on.

But we should do away with Type-1/Type-2 dreams.


As I always say…some dreams you live…some dreams you leave...



3 comments:

  1. shall we classify the Type-1 typically as DREAMS ..(when we are merely not matured enough to assess the implications) .. or can they be termed more appropriately as WISHES .. as the latter category does not care whether its going to realize anytime at all..!
    DREAMS .. as I have always felt .. is the form of realization(that always has a way to achieve in the practical world..one achieves in the end or not is a different topic altogether), which resides in our sub-conscious mind after we have actually decisively pondered upon, and appears in our vacant mind..be during a moonlit sleepy night or a tired-or-lazy nap during the day..!

    Would love to be proved wrong or hear different takes on that :) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...got your point.

    Clarification: I have been talking about daydreams. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. come on .. clarification is out of scope in such discussions .. as we are not here to PROVE A POINT.
    Hm..lets consider it as a missed-out info that is appended/furnished at this point in time :) ..!
    Neways nice one .. like most of the others in the past .. and looking forward to many more ! :)

    ReplyDelete